Wednesday 9 March 2011

Just a few pictures of our lovely Wednesday treat day at Kate's.
She has been a very busy lady, just one of her lovely yummy projects, is this chair.
Shirl and I wanted to get our 'grubby mits', on it, but Margaret intervened. I hope you didn't take this after I left Shirley????? Another view of the lovely clamshell seat, who could defile this by sitting on it?
I hope you don't mind me posting this Shirley, but it makes my mouth water, I think this is the ONE. These are Shirley's hexes from a jelly roll, I think you will agree that this is gorgeous.


This is the quilt I have been working on for my daughters 30th. Thanks to Kate Margaret and Shirley for their help with the arrangement of the 4 patches. I just hope it will be finished in time, but I do have til September, so maybe.
I have been trying to be good with my postcard quilts and have just finished another, so will promise myself to post pictures tomorrow.
Thanks again Kate for sharing your wonderful space with us.


3 comments:

  1. What a lovely show and tell Wendy and no the chair didn't come home with me. I absolutely adored it and Kate is just so clever. Wish I had thought of it but then it would never get finished and I have enough problems with unfinished quilts let alone furniture as well. It was a lovely day again.
    Love Shirley.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you all had a wonderful day. The quilt you are making is so pretty and very Spring like and happy.
    I would have taken that chair...is super sweet!
    Shirley's hexie flowers are perfect on that background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that back ground fabric is perfect for Shirley's hexagons. Your daughter is very lucky I love that quilt and the colours are perfect.

    ReplyDelete