Sunday 4 March 2012

OK be really impressed, 3 days in a row!!!
I bought this lovely little Vulcan a couple of weeks ago. The lovely suprise was, the little extras of vintage fabric, including a fabric doll and clothes.
This reminded me of my Nan Gladys May, she of the Singer treadle, that kind of sent me down this road:-) How she used to stitch clothes for Sindy and Tressy, (her hair grows!!).
So much emotion involved This machine does a lovely chainstitch.
My young nephews, Gabriel and Willoughby love stitching so I gave them an old Vulcan I had and they loved it! Check out their Mum, my baby sister at http://www.country-bumpkins.com/ you will see why they are so creative.




The conversation at my Dads 80th birthday, turned into reminising, so next blog will be what happened next......



Hope you enjoy these photos of a little machine with a brilliant stitch!!





3 comments:

  1. I am doubly impressed by your promise to blog more often. I love your little Vulcan and what a treasure you have there. I had Tressy - remember the belly button that you pressed and the hair whizzed back inside her head. My sister had Goldilocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just been catching up on some blog reading and am pleased you got to have a trip down memory lane and your puppy is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that little machine, its so lovely! x

    ReplyDelete